Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Assignment #8 Louis Riel

James: Hello, today we will have a very special guest on "Live with James!" This man was known by many, and was thought to be a traitor or hero... I bring to you, LOUIS RIEL!!!

Louis: Hello! I am glad to be here right now! This is an honor James, really.

James: No, No! It's an honor for me to be talking to the Great Louis Riel. Did you know that Louis also had a day named after him in his honor?

Louis: Yes, the day is February 16th, also on the same day of Family Day.

James: So, Louis, what did you do? Did you do anything spectacular?

Louis: Yes, I did actually. I was a Canadian politician, one of the founders of Manitoba and the leader of the Metis people. I led two resistances against John A. MacDonald. I was a Canadian Hero to some and a Traitor to others because of these resistances.

James: So Louis, why did you want to lead the resistances?

Louis: Well James, I was trying to protect the rights, cultures and land of the Metis people. I found it completely unfair that the Canadian government to just be taking all our land without our permission.

James: Well I'm sorry that you lost, but can you say a little about your resistances?

Louis: Okay, James, Why not? The first resistance took place in the year 1869-1870. It was known as the Red River Rebellion. We made a provisional government and negotiated Manitoba into the Canadian Confederation. Our second one was known as the North-West Rebellion. I... don't remember too much about it, sorry James.

James: Its okay! We learnt a lot about you today. Some people didn't even know who you were before. Thank you for your time, Louis!
This ends todays discussion. Tune in next time for the truth about Beavers!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wikipedia gave some amazing information about Louis Riel.
This site is also great and has good information.
This is a great site also.
Thank you for reading about my entry and also, this is my awesome teacher's blog!

1 replies.:

Genny said...

Heey James,
I like the blog ... but maybe you should make it funny so more people will read it! (Just Saying) Anyways good blog!
Genny :)

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, I did not make this Template. However, I also improved the template. :)